Friday, September 21, 2007

N.H.D. Update


Just added to the entertainment festivities for Nikkei Heritage Day on Sunday is singer Shayna Paulicelli. You may remember Shayna from Folklorama at the Japanese Pavilion where she sang for 5 nights during the week. You will have the opportunity to hear her sing more than two songs and I'm betting they'll be in English, not Japanese. The afternoon music extravaganza will also feature solo sets from Jesse and myself. I haven't played anywhere for over a year, so it should be interesting. The last time I performed at the Manitoba Japanese Cultural Centre was with my band Zamboni Joe with Cheryl and David for "Art and Sushi " from November 2001.

Schedule: (times are tentative)
2:15 Jesse Miki
3:00 Shayna Paulicelli
3:45 Geoff Miki

The other component to the Art's Festival is the art show, contributions are still being received and the show will be set up early Sunday, if you want to put something into the show, drop it by the MJCCC on Saturday. My first passion is still art and I plan to submit a couple of pieces. In case you don't know, the only subject matter I have tackled in the past 10 years is hockey and in the past I have had a couple of shows featuring art that is hockey-related. I know I should spend more time on my art, but music and my computer addiction has prevented me from pursuing this activity. Anyways, hope to see lots of people come out on Sunday, there are many talented people in the arts in our community and you owe it to yourself to see who these people are. The art should be interesting and the music will be diverse and did I mention that Sumi will provide some desserts? Sounds tasty!

4 comments:

Maruad said...

I love the goalie print. Is it Tony Esposito?

Anonymous said...

Looks to me like Mike Palmateer.

Maruad said...

Say it ain't so Binky... a Leaf goalie? sigh... I guess anything is possible... but I won't believe it till he admits it.

binky said...

Leafs? it ISN'T possible! You guys are both wrong, it's Miikka Kiprusoff of the Calgary Flames. He's in mid-crouch hugging the post. I also had a Luongo print in the show.