Hey Girl's, looking for prize catch? He's rich, he's famous, he's powerful (this one's up for debate) and he's very popular (at least 104,000 people think so) and the mayor of a major Canadian city.
MAYOR Sam Katz's wife has filed for divorce and is seeking custody of the couple's two young daughters. On Oct. 26, the day after Katz won the 2006 mayoral race, his wife, Baillie, served notice she was seeking to end the duo's eight-year marriage. "I'm not going into the details of the timing," Winnipeg's mayor said on Monday, ending months of speculation about his personal life. Katz said on Monday he had sought separation from Baillie before she filed for divorce, an act that placed the matter on the public record The duo had been separated before. In 2002, Sam Katz filed for divorce, and the couple spent a subsequent year apart. But they reconciled before the 2004 civic byelection.
That's harsh, filing for divorce a day after the election..ouch! I guess Baillee found another personal trainer. Anyways, that means Sam is free to check out the market, there's lots of other gold-diggers out there, so let's weigh the pros and cons of having Sam Katz as a special friend.
- Owns a bush league baseball team, the Goldeyes. They might be washed up nobodies, but they probably make Sam some decent coin. They seem to draw big crowds in the Summer and I think Katz owns the stadium as well. I believe he still owns Showtime Productions, a company that puts on the huge musicals and big name concerts.
- He's loaded! Has a huge house in Tuxedo and supposeably in Phoenix, Arizona home of our ex-NHL team. Maybe he golfs with Alice Cooper? And guest what ladies, he drives a Porsche!
- He's very virile, he has fathered children quite recently, a 5 year old and a 19-month old. He knows how to do it, it's just getting him to do it that might be the problem.
- He's the mayor of Winnipeg, you'll be in the press all the time, you'll have bloggers with nothing better to do following you around, digging up dirt. You'll be the first lady of ...Winnipeg!!
- You'll have to share his riches with his ex-wife and her lawyers, and you know what, he'll probably never let you drive his Porsche or even his SUV .
- He may have children, but did he enjoy the act of creating them? I've had my doubts..if you know what I mean. If you don't know what I mean, I won't bore you with my theories and left field logic. I don't want to get in trouble, if you know what I mean.
- You'll have to put up with his "friend", that whiny Brenda Leipsic that Katz endorsed and appointed as the city's deputy Mayor. Yuck! Tell Leipsic to buy some real clothes instead of those hideous pink power suits.
- You'll be forced to listen to Katz's honourary mascot Fresh IE. I hate Christian music and I hate Rap...why in god's name would anyone like Christian Rap? Does he come over for dinner often? Is he even allowed in the neighborhood?